'New from the Colonel! Chicken and tits!'

Today I got into an argument at work with a co-worker (to use the noun loosely) over ancient Hebrew diacritical marks, and how they applied to the Tetragrammaton*.
An argument which I think I won, for it ended with him screaming uncontrollably "Chicken and Tits!" over and over again.

This made me laugh for the better part of a day.
I cannot understand why he chose this phrase, but I am guessing that perhaps he read an article on the subject that used the example of 'Chicken' and 'Tits' as words that would encode the same without diacritical marks?
Its really the only answer I can think of.

*This chap believed that all four letter words** were names of God. I suspect he never read the 'Nine Billion Names of God' story by Arthur C. Clarke.

** I wanted to print out the list and bring it to work until RenegadeMime pointed out the list would contain 67215243521100939264000000 'words'. Factorials defy intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment